POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I need a new computer: RAID and other questions : Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Jan 2013 08:25:01
Message: <web.510529f6ca79cfd9c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> The problem with this is that it's easy to forget or to just be lazy and
> procrastinate (until the day that your HD breaks.)

Yeah, very true. I certainly don't back-up as often as I should. My basic
philosophy is to 'believe' in the MTBF specs of modern hard drives (probably a
mis-placed belief!) But I generate so *little* data during the week (even
usually during a month) that I don't worry too much about a loss of 'important'
data. (Except POV-Ray files!!) I do need to be more vigilant, though.