POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This week's WTF moment : Re: This week's WTF moment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This week's WTF moment
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Jan 2013 01:15:09
Message: <web.50f3a0f65f80c8e0c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Here's another story about it...

http://www.itworld.com/consumerization-it/334669/free-adobe-creative-suite-cs2-maybe-maybe-not

Out of curiosity, I followed some links there, and found that all the apps are
still available (as I write this)--and at Adobe's own site!

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

It seems that Adobe had a technical glitch--resulting in the software being made
available for free(!), whether that was intended or not.  Then they did an
about-face and 'clarified' that--but all the software is *still* available(!!),
and without the need for any pre-existing licenses or what-have-you. So who am I
to turn down such a fabulous offer?

This situation reminds me of the old board game MONOPOLY: "Adobe makes error in
your favor, collect free software"  ;-)

I expect some heads to roll at Adobe, over this.