POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Plenoptic camera : Re: Plenoptic camera Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plenoptic camera
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 1 Jan 2013 14:10:01
Message: <web.50e333dd899893d5617f86270@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Meanwhile I wonder why we simulate this camera at all.

In the words of George Mallory, "because it's there." :D

As for myself, I just wanted to play with integral imaging in POV. Even though
the idea has been a around for a while, the microlens array sheets still aren't
being developed. But when the manufacturing industry gets in line to start
producing the sheets, I'll have already developed a way to produce the source
images... using my favorite raytracer :)