POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Satrap in all his glory : Re: The Satrap in all his glory Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Satrap in all his glory
From: MichaelJF
Date: 31 Dec 2012 16:35:02
Message: <web.50e204937643f968c3c8348a0@news.povray.org>
> On 30-12-2012 19:35, MichaelJF wrote:
> > No, I was just kidding. You did a lot of effort into a still image and yielded a
> > fine result. Doing all this work with every frame of an animation would need
> > some hundreds of clones of you. But to see the Satrap headbanging...
>
> I know. An animation would not be that difficult in fact using Poser
> itself. Even the present pose of the Satrap is the result of an
> animation, going from the zero pose to this in order to make the
> clothing adapt and flow.
>
> Thomas

The cloth room, I suspect. The matching of a clothing is ever a kind of
animation there. The christmas gift I gave myself was Poser 2012 Professionial,
but I still have to investigate it. The head room seems to be the same mess as
with Poser 8. Even if you have pictures of a portrait and of a profile (which is
a very rare case with net-images) of a person, you cannot really craft a face
from it. If you hit the button to apply the images you have cautiously designed
using the two small input areas for pictures, you yield only very disturbed
faces. The face room is a mess.

Best regards,
Michael