POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Plenoptic camera : Re: Plenoptic camera Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plenoptic camera
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 28 Dec 2012 14:55:01
Message: <web.50ddf8ce899893d5eb1d220f0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> No, I'm not modeling "cross reed" glasses: see post by the same subject
> on p.newusers ...
>
> --
> Jaime

Hmm, not seeing the post. Is this for use with integral imaging?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral_imaging

I was playing with integral imaging in POV just last year. It's a cool
technology, better than regular lenticular arrays or even most holograms, as the
cards can be rotated to any angle while still preserving their 3D appearance.
Rendering the source images in POV-Ray is super easy, although the resolution
must be very high.

Attached is one of my tests. You can cross your eyes at any two cards to view
the skull in 3D.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: