POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another portrait from Gancaloon : Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon wip2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon wip2
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 17 Dec 2012 19:25:01
Message: <web.50cfb66fe7ecd71485de7b680@news.povray.org>
> On 17-12-2012 12:11, Ive wrote:
> > I see the same effect Christian did mention - to me it looks like some
> > badly done photoshopping where the face is pasted but does not match the
> > lighting condition.
>
> Additional thought: Why is it that I do not see at all what you and
> Christian seem to see? Not because I am the maker, that is not good
> enough for me. I am truly puzzled.

I, too, see the effect Christian and Ive talk about; it looks exactly like bad
Photoshopping.  (And like Ive, I must stress that photorealism is not the
issue.)  My first instinct was that the contrast on the face isn't deep enough;
but I know /just/ enough about color matters to consider the factors that I
don't know enough about.  I must defer to Ive on these matters.  (If he's good
enough for Jaime, he's good enough for me.)

("He"?  I don't know.  Curse the English language for requiring me to know this
information!  (Yes, formal grammar prescribes the word "he" in this situation.
Oink.))