POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Orthographic Decapitation : Re: The Orthographic Decapitation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Orthographic Decapitation
From: MichaelJF
Date: 17 Dec 2012 16:20:00
Message: <web.50cf8be6b526f5223e15188d0@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> > > Moving away an orthographic camera? What should be achieved from this?
> >
> > Making the figures not getting cut off.
> >
> > Even in an orthographic render, the cameria position determines what you
> > see: Everything "in front" of the camera is viwithsible, everiything "behind"
> > is not.
>
> With the orthographic camera the up and right vectors determines the visible
> scene and nott
> the distance of the camera  to the desired objects. As far as i experienced.
>
> Best regards,
> michael

Sorry, Clipka was right as ever. I use the orthographic camera only as an
auxilliary tool to view objects which are within or very close to a plane (e.g.
for creating hight_fields) and look perpendicular to this plane, so I didn't
came up with the idea to use the this camera within the middle of a complete
(real) 3d scene. There it cuts of all behind the camera with explains the broken
legs above.

One is influenced by one's habits sometimes too much..

Best regards,
Michael