POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Dec 2012 18:55:00
Message: <web.50c91827f3a8df2fc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:21:48 -0500, Kenneth wrote:
>
> > BTW, the new California law that was just passed--legalizing or
> > de-criminalizing the possession of marijuana--goes flatly against a
> > seemingly-overarching Federal law.
>
> Was there a law in CA passed about this?  I only heard of the ones in CO
> and WA....

Yep, it just happened last week, I believe. The interesting thing about
California's version (don't know about the CO and MA versions) is that CA plans
to do this with all the legal 'niceties'--taxing it like cigarettes, etc. In
other words, putting a well-thought-out 'system' in place for its regulated
sale. It will be interesting to find out if these various state laws actually
push the Federal government to change or modify it's current (and, IMO,
draconian) laws regarding marijuana. (Or, conversely, to come down on these new
laws with two big feet!) Right now in the US, there are just too many
'zero-tolerance' State and Federal laws on the books, about many things. (And,
alas, supported by many people.)  The US needs to lighten up a bit!  ;-)