POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflections on employment : Re: Reflections on employment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections on employment
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Dec 2012 09:10:01
Message: <web.50c73d84b927b0d4c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
INTERVIEWER: "Hi. Welcome to ACME Software Corporation. We're a cutting edge
software design company. Tell me, do you have state-of-the-art programming
skills?"

APPLICANT (Kenneth): "Oh sure, lots of skills and experience."

INTERVIEWER: "I see. Such as...?"

APPLICANT: "Six years writing super-complex code in POV-Ray, using the Scene
Description Language! Oh, and Fortran IV, of course."

INTERVIEWER: " (...???...)  I see. Well, just a few questions. Are you familiar
with classes?"

APPLICANT: " Yes, yes, I took some of those in High School and College."

INTERVIEWER: " (....?!?!?!....) Ahem. OK. So, do you even know what a for-loop
is?"

APPLICANT: "Is that like a #while loop?"

INTERVIEWER: "Hmm. So, moving right along...How about any experience with
Python, C#, Lisp, C++ or .NET?"

APPLICANT: "Um, yeah, I've heard of those. And don't forget BASIC!"

INTERVIEWER: "No, no, of course not...well...uh..."

APPLICANT: "So when do I start?!"