POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : undersea adventure WIP : Re: undersea adventure WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: undersea adventure WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Dec 2012 04:40:01
Message: <web.50c5ac46ec525ca4c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> Real bathispheres are realy smooth skinned. A smooth sphere is the best
> shape when you need to resist the the presure...
> Then, you may have some kind of cage surrounding it to receive any
> needed attachments.

The design I'm trying to achieve is a rather odd blend of an old 'classic'
bathysphere shape, plus something similar to what Jules Verne might have
imagined. ;-)  Kind of like 'steam punk' but a bit more modern. It still needs
quite a bit of work, though. I may even completely re-build it; the original CSG
wasn't well thought-out.