POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : undersea adventure WIP : Re: undersea adventure WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: undersea adventure WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Dec 2012 21:10:01
Message: <web.50c14f50ec525ca4c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> I never dived, so I have no RL experience. The only comparisions I have are TV
> documentations.

Same here (except for some snorkeling I did, off the coast of Florida. But that
was only in relatively shallow water, maybe 15-20 feet.)

> But good renderings of underwater scenes are "The Guardian" by
> Johnny Yip, the winner of the POVCOMP-Competition 2004 of course...

That's a great one! Very beautiful and realistic. For my own scene, I'm trying
for more of a 'fantasy' look (kind of artificial), sort of what I *think* it
should look like ;-) The whole scene has a fantasy feel to it--which my still
shot doesn't really convey, as it's very early in the animation. Some funny
things happen later, which throws realism out the window!

> ...and a picture by Glenn McCarter from the IRTC-round April 2009 "Galleon's
> Reef".

I don't think I've seen that one (or don't remember it.) Is the image itself up
online anywhere now?