POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 6 Dec 2012 11:00:01
Message: <web.50c0bfddf594feb2fd39ada50@news.povray.org>
> > So basically you change the Cam0Location to something like
> > #declare Cam0Location =  < 0 , 1 ,-1000>;
> >
> > which puts it to -1000 on the z-axis. How would you zoom in then after that?
> >
> I guess: a small angle.

Yeah I was about to post  another reply about that.
I changed the angle to about 0.380
and the #declare Cam0Location =  < 0 , 1000 ,-1000>;

After that, I needed to translate the camera along the x-axis like this:
#declare Cam0Location = vrotate(Cam0Location, <0, CamAngle/1, 0>) + <450, 30,
-3>;

It still needs some configurations but the problem is that the wedges do not
extend until the object anymore, so the result looks something like what you can
see in the screenshot:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'transpattempt.png' (35 KB)