POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 4 Dec 2012 08:20:03
Message: <web.50bdf844f594feb2faf1bd150@news.povray.org>
> Well, instead of rotating your plane, translate it.
> something along:
> #declare Plane1 = plane { -x, 0 translate r*x }; // and so on
>
> now, I wonder if it should be asin or atan ? (given that r is probably
> small when compared to ViewVector, that might be irrelevant)
> Or maybe I do not understand R, r & ViewVector.
>
> Alpha is not a distance, it's an angle.

Yeah sorry for that I meant the angle. Well I've tried the translate r*x
and at first it looks just fine (it's attached to the left and right part of the
back edge) but then if I start animating the scene, the planes are just messed
up, as if they don't track that edge any more. I am pretty sure I'm not tracking
the edge with the ViewVector that's why it's messed up when I animate it