POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : undersea adventure WIP : Re: undersea adventure WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: undersea adventure WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Dec 2012 05:25:01
Message: <web.50bdcebeec525ca4c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
> Very nice!
>
> Even if single cored, I think that the image itself will much improve
> with the use of v3.7 RC6. You may have to tweak a number of things then
> but worthwhile. For instance, while not mandatory, the use of srgb would
> enrich the colours of the image.

Thanks. The one thing about this scene that has given me the most trouble is the
atmosphere and its density/brightness. Not a technical issue, but an aesthetic
one. The scene is supposed to be murky and somewhat dark, but getting *just* the
right balance has been an on-going struggle. Every time I render a test of the
scene, I want to tweak those qualities. And that usually means tweaking the
objects' textures too--their color saturation, brightness, and ambient values--
in order to get everything to 'match' visually. It's quite a tedious process;
and the scene still doesn't look quite the way I want it to. (One reason for
that is because of a choice I made: I want to keep the number of lights in
the scene to an absolute minimum, to cut down on render time. Trying to
compensate for that limitation has been difficult!)