POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : undersea adventure WIP : undersea adventure WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  undersea adventure WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Dec 2012 23:25:00
Message: <web.50bd7aa84d0e56fcc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

This is my first 'real' image posting in quite awhile. It's frame 1 of a complex
animation scene I've been working on since *forever.* The animated elements are
finally complete, but the *look* that I'm after is still only about 75% there.
So I continue to refine it (the bathysphere especially, as it needs more
textures.)

Rendered in v3.6.2, it has atmospheric media, focal blur, heightfields, multiple
trace() operations, swimming fish, waving grass, plus about 6,800 other objects.
The animation is going to take a *long* time to render on my old-but-trusty
single-core Windows machine.

The stone 'face' at lower right is part of a full girl mesh model--a
dancer--that I downloaded *years* ago--and I've forgotten where I got it or who
originally made it. (The girl object was called "enfant", if that rings a bell
with anyone.)

Like most animations I suppose, this static frame doesn't really do the scene
justice. There are lots of moving elements--well, otherwise there wouldn't be
any point in animating it!  ;-)

Just wanted to throw this out there for comments.

Ken

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'undersea_1.jpg' (205 KB)