POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 3 Dec 2012 11:05:01
Message: <web.50bccc9af594feb215e8f8270@news.povray.org>
> With orthographic, the cut should be something like a box (sides aligned
> with the camera)

Currently, there is a code block which handles the planes that cause the cut to
make the back post invisible.

To achieve this, two planes are created like this:

#declare Plane1 = plane {-x, 0 rotate y * Alpha};
#declare Plane2 = plane { x, 0 rotate y *-Alpha};

Where Alpha is the distance from the camera position to the vertical post that
needs to be visible. This is done by the following:

#local r = R;
#local Alpha = asin(r / ViewVector) * 180 / pi;

This makes the conical shape from the cube to the camera.
Since I now use the orthographic camera, I need to change this setting by making
the two planes simply parallel to each other and fixed to the ViewVector for
animation purposes.
What should I do to solve this problem?

I am also attaching a screenshot of what the scene looks like with the
orthographic camera and the default angle.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'orthographic.png' (106 KB)

Preview of image 'orthographic.png'