POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hello, my name is... : Re: Hello, my name is... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello, my name is...
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 23 Nov 2012 03:25:00
Message: <web.50af3229a61bac455b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> ...wait, what?  Terribly sloppy mesh, absurd number of polys on the hilt
> that aren't really doing anything, the blade's not very good
> either...shoot, I'll just build a new one from scratch.

Converted from the game data? Not terribly surprising, with the number of items
on offer I'd expect them to be as frugal as possible with triangles and get
creative with texture mapping!

> So a bit of Googling later, I've got suitable reference images to make a
> certain sword crafted for a six-fingered man.  Have spent all day today
> working on it, and have gotten a reasonable amount of work done.

Not seen any fire swamps in Skyrim yet, although Bethesda did put some ROUSs in
Fallout:NV...

I'd agree with Thomas' point, but apart from that, coming along nicely :)