POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 20 Nov 2012 10:25:01
Message: <web.50ab9ffbf594feb246fc82d30@news.povray.org>
"Encore" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > --
> > Ger
>
> From: "Encore" <nomail@nomail>

Also, if someone can provide some solution as to how to make the same effect
with an orthographic camera that's be great. The problem with the regular camera
is that when the back cylinder passes "in front" of the front cylinder, it is
quite obvious that it's the back on, due to the perspective. The depth makes it
look smaller. With an orthographic view, it MIGHT lose some realism but all
edges will be of the same size. This is what I made in Blender, and I'm now
trying to achieve here with povray.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'firstcube2.jpg' (584 KB)