POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 20 Nov 2012 09:15:01
Message: <web.50ab902cf594feb246fc82d30@news.povray.org>
> Have you checked povray.binaries.animations?
> Have you checked povray.text.scene-files?
>
> --
> Ger

OK, I am still trying to work out the camera and how it's bound to the planes
going to the object to create the invisible patch.
I played around with the Cam0Location and the vrotate comand and changed the
line

#declare Cam0Location = vrotate(Cam0Location, <0, CamAngle/3, 0>) + <-4, 3, -5>;

to this

#declare Cam0Location = vrotate(Cam0Location, <0, CamAngle/3, 0>) + <-4,
CamAngle, -5>;

In the attachment theres the location of the camera when i run it. At this
stage, I want to cover a bigger area along the yaxis. What happens here when I
run it with the illusioncamera on, is that the "end" of the invisible patch is
revealed, and from this angle, it doesn't cover the back corner up till it top.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Another thing I did is to change the settings in ViewVector. I did this only for
the yWedge for experimenting's sake. By changing the length to something like

#local ViewVector = vlength(<0, Top.y*-5 , Top.z*2>-<0, Cam.y, Cam.z>);

I realised that the red plane exceeds the top of the object along the y axis.
With unaltered settings for Cam0Location vrotate, this seems to be working just
fine. But when I change the vrotate as shown above, I get the result of the
screenshot attached.

Regards,
Alex

Post a reply to this message