POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toroidal Planet : Re: Toroidal Planet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toroidal Planet
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Nov 2012 03:35:01
Message: <web.50a3577d9fede5985b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Fair point Bill. But Ed said "It should spin in about 12 hours or 24
> hours or so."

Which is not fast enough for significant centrifugal effects - but just right
for an earthlike day/night cycle. Although depending on its inclination and
rotation axis, the inhabitants might be in for some wacky seasons, and there
could be a lot of secondary light at night.

> Personally I prefer the Culture Orbitals. ;-)

Me too. Mostly for the amenities :)