POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 13 Nov 2012 10:05:02
Message: <web.50a2607ff594feb2d710adaf0@news.povray.org>
> And One more thing:
>
> I think that we do not need to have any surface or background. A black
> background is always better for experiments like this and surely, it will not
> reveal the illusion that easily.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

Hi guys,

I figured a way to animate it for a fixed period, I put the line

rotate<0,-360*(clock+0.00),0>

in my pov object and then I created a .ini file with the following code inside:

; POV-Ray animation ini file
Antialias=Off
Antialias_Threshold=0.1
Antialias_Depth=2

Input_File_Name="transpAttempt1.pov"

Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=300
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1

Cyclic_Animation=on
Pause_when_Done=off

This rotates the object of course but the thing is that the "invisible" boxes
should move respectively. That's where I'm stuck at the moment.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'transpattempt1002.bmp.dat' (577 KB)