POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Encore
Date: 13 Nov 2012 09:30:00
Message: <web.50a2592cf594feb2d710adaf0@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> > On 08/11/2012 6:56 PM, Ger wrote:
> > > And yes, it's animatable to some extend.
> >
> > What does the shadow do? I look forward to seeing your code when you
> > tidy it up.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >      Stephen
>
> I think, the shadow should show the trick.

Hi guys, yeah that's pretty much what I have in mind.
If you could send me some sort of code to study it that'd be great. I managed to
kind of tidy up the code in the first attempt that was posted in the other
thread, but the cylindrical cube is also amazing. I wouldn't really worry about
the shape though for the moment (even though having the code for this would be
greatly appreciated!)

Can I make a fixed time animation for a start?

There are two thoughts on this:

a) we can animate the light, this way seeing if the light position affects the
illusion (and to what extend)

b) we can animate the object by rotating the camera. This will also require to
move the difference objects accordingly along each axis of camera rotation.

Do you guys have any idea?