POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Brick Wall : Re: Isosurface Brick Wall Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Brick Wall
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Nov 2012 10:05:02
Message: <web.5092806ad5cd80e2d97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
> Hmm... The trade off might be too much. What I now see is an undulating
> wall which, if seen straight on, might not be a real issue, but seen
> from the side, like in the image, this looks artificial.
>
> Thomas

TBH, I'd rather have it looking like this, than have holes in it from too low a
max_gradient.

But, like I said, I have some ideas for fixing the texture problem.

As for the Iso-csg libraries, I've heard of them, but never looked at them.  At
the moment, I'm more interested in doing it myself.

Regards,
A.D.B.