POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Brick Wall : Isosurface Brick Wall Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface Brick Wall
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Nov 2012 02:20:01
Message: <web.509213db5854a643d97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
I'm still trying to figure out the mortar, but I managed to get a continuous
wall of bricks as a single isosurface.  Unfortunately - as far as I can tell -
this method doesn't allow the random variation in the wrinkles pattern that I
get from building the wall brick by brick but it does, however, solve the
problem I was having with the max_gradient...

I guess it's a tradeoff for now.

I've been thinking that I might be able to construct a brick pattern with a
random wrinkles texture in each brick, and use that for the wall, but I'd have
to think about it a bit.

as usual, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
A.D.B.