POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: waggy
Date: 21 Oct 2012 13:30:01
Message: <web.5084300515959f0021be1230@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> (Again, a "or that's what I heard anyway" disclaimer.)

All of the obervations so far have been true, and in some places, these
situations continue to this day.

For example, the street I live on, five miles (8 km) from downtown San Antonio,
TX (population >1M), did not have sidewalks until about a year ago, after the
city installed some hefty storm drains. Most local or state governments will
generally update streets to current standards after major construction.

Good books on this subject include "Asphalt Nation" by Katie Alvord, and
"Divorce Your Car!" by Jane Holtz Kay.