POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Povray versus Objective-C: objects : Re: Povray versus Objective-C: objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray versus Objective-C: objects
From: gregjohn
Date: 21 Oct 2012 08:10:01
Message: <web.5083e5d3d60c26f55474b7bd0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> object {}: this actually creates an instance/clone of body and applies
> the transformation on it.

Thanks.
If I were to repeatedly call this "declare headRotation" and "include ..."
above,  is that in any way like messaging an object?  Does my "body" become like
an instance variable?

My purpose here is to wrap my head around ObjC.  Didn't mean to diss Smalltalk,
but I've seen some tutes that assume you have a PhD in one of the other
object-oriented languages and limit their explanations to folks with that
expertise.