POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Make Money with POV-Ray (literally). : Re: Make Money with POV-Ray (literally). Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make Money with POV-Ray (literally).
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 Oct 2012 19:30:00
Message: <web.50833378e7dff9d02e3e10e00@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    BTW, did you try this other trick? :
>
>    http://www.mdartford.com/?p=453

Clever solution. I occasionally think of ways to make something like that work
with my scanner, but haven't come up with anything useful. Besides, such a
method would still require that I paint my coins.

>    I was tempted to try it just with coffee, as there is always a cup
> somewhere on my table... :)

I'm fairly certain that you'll need a more effective light-attenuating medium
than coffee. Oil dyed with soot, maybe? Pressing a thin sheet of clear plastic
onto the coin might also be a good idea to avoid photographing reflected light
from the liquid's uneven surface.