POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the read-directive : Re: the read-directive Server Time
17 May 2024 19:37:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the read-directive
From: MichaelJF
Date: 17 Oct 2012 13:35:00
Message: <web.507eec20399c00aa1dce822d0@news.povray.org>
> #read was never intended to be a raw byte input stream. Instead, it was
> always intended to be used to read comma-separated lists of elements.

I can not see a reason for that. I think a feature like readln would be a bigger
improvement to POV as the sslt feature for example since you could parse files.
At the moment I use third party software for that reason (the stastistical
Software SAS which can handle this simple issues easily). Since POV is implemted
with Visual C++, as I learned, it should be very easy to fulfill my requests.

Best regards,
Michael