POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lathe problems. : Re: Lathe problems. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe problems.
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Oct 2012 11:20:00
Message: <web.507ecbe7a5d212b1f2eb76540@news.povray.org>
> I am frankly at a loss for a solution, but some questions impose
> themselves maybe.
>
> 1) are the two ends overlapping?
>
> 2) the ends do not seem to be exactly parallel, (outer) edges flowing
> smoothly into one another.
>
> 3) could the effect be due to refraction?
>
> Thomas

The lathes were built with the lowest point on the ground plane then rotated 90
degrees. The other bulb is mirrored so the edges should be coincidental.
Although I can see that there is not a smooth transition between them in the
opaque image. The inner lathe extends past the outer one and the highest level
CSG is a merge so there should be no internal surfaces.

Well the IOR is quite high for glass, greater than 1.5 IIRC. I was wondering
about internal reflections as well.