POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lathe problems. : Re: Lathe problems. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe problems.
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Oct 2012 08:15:01
Message: <web.507ea065a5d212b1f2eb76540@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:

> So I then created a second lathe object, making sure that it was inside the
> first and that the thickness was as constant as I could make it then referenced
> it to make the hourglass. Now there looks like there is flaring at the join.

 The final two images are closeups of the join area. The first unfinished one
(12.5 hours) shows what looks like a disc around the join and the second is the
same scene with an opaque material

One image at a time, it seems

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hourglass03b1_0000.jpg' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'hourglass03b1_0000.jpg'
hourglass03b1_0000.jpg