POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lathe problems. : Lathe problems. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Lathe problems.
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Oct 2012 08:00:01
Message: <web.507e9cb89d27affef2eb76540@news.povray.org>
This is a series of images showing some problems I encountered when making an
hourglass.
The first one consists of a lathe object shaped into a bulb, referenced with a
negative scale component to create a hourglass shape then a scaled down version
(0.995) is differenced from it. You can see banding which looks to me as if the
glass does not have a uniform thickness.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hourglass01e1_0000.jpg' (63 KB)

Preview of image 'hourglass01e1_0000.jpg'
hourglass01e1_0000.jpg