POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Photon Bug? : Re: Another Photon Bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Photon Bug?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 15 Oct 2012 16:30:00
Message: <web.507c7120682ec917c24cdc420@news.povray.org>
> In Silo it can happen sometimes, but because of modelling errors by user ;-)

May be I did something wrong, but unfortunetaly I have stored only the repaired
version of my old roman decanter. I will have three areas of spiraling bulges
around it and with two of them I encountered this phenomenon which I can only
explain with inverted normals. Usually with wings you can circulize a serious of
similiar edge sequences in one step. With the first two spirals I experienced
that in a certain - and parted - area the circles were inward the object but
with all others outward, which was intended. Unfortunetaly I just tried it with
the third spiral, which I haven't completed so far, and had only outward bounded
circles. That's for the proof by example...
with my orloff diamond I had a similiar experience. Since I will model at least
five different roman glasses (with different materials) the next days I promise
to save and post my next experience with this normal issue within the
newsgroups.

Best regards,
Michael