POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Photon Bug? : Re: Another Photon Bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Photon Bug?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 14 Oct 2012 14:00:01
Message: <web.507afcf0682ec9173b8eee5f0@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:

> P.S. sorry for the mail, since T'birds user interface has changed it
> happens to me all the time :(
Of course I was puzzled again and tried to answer you in private. But since my
Mail-System seems to be a little bit puzzled too I'm not quiet sure if I was
successful. The first major flaw with my new machine. I aimply copied the data
from Windows Live Mail into the same directory. As I saw all my mails from my
old machine, I was content, may be to early...

> Note that I do use the same color (and
> not ^3) within the pigment statement and this has influence on the final
> appearance even with ambient and diffuse = 0.

Yes, I must admit, I overlooked that. A very valuable hint. I soon implemented
it in my new WIP and yielded better results. It's not about gems but "only"
glass. I try to find a material for old roman glasses by using a similiar
material but filling it with proper scattering and absorbing media. First
results with a glass by Gilles Tran are promising. I will post them here as soon
as possible. At the moment I'm trying to model the geometry of roman glasses in
Wings but observe annoying miscalculations of the normals. I have observed this
not for the first time, in some areas the normals in wings models seems to be
inverted. But that's an other issue. And very annoying baking textures...

Best regards,
Michael