POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Texturing the Stone of Orlov or the Great Mogul Diamond : Re: Texturing the Stone of Orlov or the Great Mogul Diamond Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing the Stone of Orlov or the Great Mogul Diamond
From: MichaelJF
Date: 12 Oct 2012 14:20:00
Message: <web.50785e90de95511528c1b9ac0@news.povray.org>
"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> > On 20/08/12 23:16, MichaelJF wrote:
> > > the coin by Jaime...
> >
> >    OMG, my memory is seriously hurt: I had to check out that indeed this
> > was one of my coins.. it looked familiar, but I was not sure at all. :)
> >
> > --
> > Jaime
>
> LOL, thank you for the piece. After nine years I would have the same memory
> problems (stacked coins seems to be from 2003). But it reminded me that I have
> forgotten to give credits for the "The Tale of the Magpie and the Diamond
> Cuckoo" which is the title of the picture. A long time during the creation of
> the picture Michael Hough's nest (Bluejay in the IRTC June 1998) was my dummy
> before I created my own nest, but still his feathers have survived (with another
> texture) as the tail of the magpie. And the gras (completely invisible due to
> the focal blur) is created with the macros by Gilles Tran. The rest - especially
> the japanese tea house - is my own creation.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

If anyone of you has an interest in a wallpaper rendering at a resolution of
1920*1080 of this picture (the tale of the magpie and the diamond cuckoo) please
tell me here. I render it for my own collection (now at 87%, after more than 23
days). It should be complete next week. I will post it, if anyone is interested.

Best regards,
Michael