POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Photon Bug? : Re: Another Photon Bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Photon Bug?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 12 Oct 2012 12:45:00
Message: <web.50784899682ec91728c1b9ac0@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> #macro M_Gem (Color, IOR, FadeDist)
>    material {
>      texture {
>        pigment {rgb Color filter 1}
>        finish {
>          ambient 0  emission 0  diffuse 0
>          reflection {0 1 fresnel on} conserve_energy
>        }
>      }
>      interior {
>        ior IOR
>        fade_power 1001
>        fade_distance FadeDist
>        fade_power rgb < pow(Color.red,3),
>                         pow(Color.green,3)
>                         pow(Color.blue,3) >
>      }
>    }
>
> #end
Seems I have missed this discussion about gems due to RL issues. Your main idea
seems to be to use the interior with fade_color to color the stones. I used a
similiar approach for my stone of orloff mainly derived from a macro given by
Bruno Cabasson. I only wonder about the pow(x,3). You have given the colors used
in a later posting. Since this were floats you could even used the
pow(x,3)-values instead. Is it due to a color space conversion? I'm puzzled.

Best regards,
Michael