POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3) : Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: River Harbour (wip 3): Randomness problem
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 2 Oct 2012 21:15:01
Message: <web.506b912fbc036305b019b8650@news.povray.org>
> On 2-10-2012 13:26, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> >    Oh, and indeed it looks convincing now... BTW, what's the black thing
> > at the right: a rat? ...if so, nice touch!
>
> A lizard. I have orientated it differently now: more light, less shadows
> (but not its last transformation I guess).

Thomas, I really like this concept and the scene is coming along beautifully
(love the grass!).

After reading a previous post, where the red sail seemed like a flag, it
occurred to me that the camera is at the height of sailor's thighs, and a
slightly higher (+y) camera position really would help to better spacially
orient the incoming ship, the buildings across the water, and the distant city.
Of course, a bit of atmospheric haze and focal blur can work wonders too :)

Cheers
www.McGregorFineArt.com