POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : min_extend and light_sources : Re: min_extend and light_sources Server Time
17 May 2024 06:38:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: min_extend and light_sources
From: MichaelJF
Date: 1 Oct 2012 15:30:01
Message: <web.5069eefb2a011b30de254b010@news.povray.org>
Thank you both,

as you experienced the same I'm free of searching for mistakes within my code. I
was simply puzzled. I think it is not a bug but only a matter of interpretation.
A light source is infinite since it illuminates the whole scene. May be the
programmer of min_ and max_extend had this in his mind. I think, in this case
the light source adds one or more (area lights) points to the object under
investigation, simply the positions, which could be considered in calculating
the extend of the object. I don't think it should be ignored completely in this
case. But this is only another possible interpretation...

Best Regards,
Michael