POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Death of google? (Reorient) : Death of google? (Reorient) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Death of google? (Reorient)
From: gregjohn
Date: 29 Sep 2012 08:05:01
Message: <web.5066e3a3672ee9fe5474b7bd0@news.povray.org>
I was working on a povray question, and wanted the exact syntax and example
scene for the Reorient macro.  So I googled it.  Google proudly displayed pages
of results, with my search term, "rotate" highlighted. WTH?

I was trying to remember something from Objective C tutorials about setting the
initial value of an ivar. So I googled a phrase including words "initial" and
"ios".  Only problem is Google changed the word to "default" and showed me pages
of words.

I think this is really the beginning of the end for Google.  First Marissa Meyer
gunks up the search routine. Then buzzdock ads wait a few seconds to show up,
leading those who think they are clicking on the first result to click on the
first ad.  Then they sometimes put a toolbar of ads across the screen when you
click through to the result.  I'm actually using Bing occasionally.   <shudder
emoticon>