POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recycling the Bottle Collection : Re: Recycling the Bottle Collection Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recycling the Bottle Collection
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 22 Sep 2012 17:30:01
Message: <web.505e2d72ed0273ccf7aa22b40@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Great rendering, Rob! Are we having fun yet? :D

Thanks Sam :)

> So how many different bottle types are in there? I'm counting at least four.

There are 15 different bottle types. I've attached a Silo screenshot of the raw
models before subdivision/smoothing.

Did
> you place the plants by hand, or randomly test the height pattern for areas
> likely to allow growth?

No, I just rendered an orthographic view from above with a checkerboard overlay
and & used the grid to place them (somewhat tediously) by hand. That
auto-crevice-growth idea sounds like a cool Benge project though ;)

Cheers
www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bottlescreenshot.jpg' (383 KB)

Preview of image 'bottlescreenshot.jpg'
bottlescreenshot.jpg