POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recycling the Bottle Collection : Re: Recycling the Bottle Collection Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recycling the Bottle Collection
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 22 Sep 2012 17:25:02
Message: <web.505e2b79ed0273ccf7aa22b40@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    Very very nice... what did you use as collision shapes?

Thank you :)
The bottles are all convex hull collision and the box is triangle mesh
collision.

>    BTW, the floor is the best HF job I've ever seen!

Thanks again, but the image map has to take most of the credit for that - it's a
16-bit PNG that's 4300 x 3000 px. I used an image_pattern mask to break it up
for some "forced" realism:

#declare P_Cracked = pigment { image_map { png "cracked" interpolate 2 } }

height_field { png "cracked_bump"
   smooth
   translate -0.5
   //pigment { rgb 0.5}
   texture {
      image_pattern { png "cracked_bump" interpolate 2 }
      texture_map {
         [0
            //pigment { srgb <1,0,0> }
            pigment { P_Cracked }
            finish { diffuse 0.2 specular 0 reflection 0 }
         ]
         [1
            //pigment { srgb <0,0,1> }
            pigment { P_Cracked }
            finish { diffuse 0.5 specular 0.5 roughness 0.5
               reflection {0, 0.25 fresnel on } conserve_energy
            }
         ]
      }
      translate -0.5 rotate x*90
   }
   interior { ior 1.8 }
   scale <43/30, 0.0015, 1>
   scale 300
}

Cheers
www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'concrete_heightfield.jpg' (1109 KB)

Preview of image 'concrete_heightfield.jpg'
concrete_heightfield.jpg