POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A box of oranges (valencian, of course) : Re: A box of oranges (valencian, of course) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A box of oranges (valencian, of course)
From: B  Gimeno
Date: 20 Sep 2012 18:00:01
Message: <web.505b9132c3357d7bae2fd8290@news.povray.org>
> Very nice... except that ripe Valencia oranges are actualy green. They
> start green, turn orange, then turn back to a particular dark green once
> fully rippened. They are dyed orange before been sold.

Please share your sources, everything what Jaime and I thought we knew about the
oranges is having grown up and lived in a place that produces oranges (and some
rice), and is the first time I hear of that paint to sell oranges. The truth is
that oranges are "polish" and cleaned after collection to look more appealing,
but not "paint" anything.

Although I think the dark green pigment referred, with white spots and a
characteristic odor of overripe fruit is usually indicative of an orange that
has ceased to offer certain health guarantees.

B. Gimeno

btw, una imatge collonuda jaume!