POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 17 Sep 2012 13:30:01
Message: <web.50575d592fe15fc5a48fdb00@news.povray.org>
> Somehow I remain with objects not touching each other and
> floating in space within a bowl (See image; Poser render).

Nuts! Is there any sort of padding setting for colliding objects? I mean, do the
objects try to keep a distance from other objects to avoid errors?

Another thing that occurs to me (although I haven't used Poser since around
1999) is that you are using displacement maps for your objects. Perhaps Poser is
using the /unmodified/ meshes for collisions, not the modified versions. That
would cause some spacing issues for sure.

> The objects fall very rapidly into position and then remain
> thus for the rest of the animation, even after about a thousand frames.

I'm guessing the objects are "sleeping" too soon after settling. Is there a "no
sleeping" or similar option you can disable?

Sam