POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 16 Sep 2012 19:35:01
Message: <web.5056615a2fe15fc5f7aa22b40@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> For example, the attached is a test using compound collision objects in Blender.

Wow, very nice! I have almost no experience using Blender.

> I wrote an addon for Blender which directly exports transformations of all
> selected objects to an .inc file, so it's now possible to go straight from
> Blender to POV-Ray. It seems like the simplest way to accomplish things,
> especially considering all the nice tools that are available in Blender.

That's really cool too; I guess it's time to DL the new version myself and check
it out.

As a simple example of going "direct" I grabbed this sim screenshot of the most
basic demo in the Bullet SDK and then appended the resulting POV-Ray image.

www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bulletbasicdemo.jpg' (381 KB)