POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 14 Sep 2012 16:35:00
Message: <web.505393b62fe15fc56454fc670@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> Okay, here is Gille Tran's shopping cart filled to overflowing with primitives
> via a custom program I wrote using the Bullet library. Still pondering easier
> integration with POV-Ray...

Well that's excessively cool, Robert. Congrats!

What kind of geometry evaluations did you use for the object collisions? Convex
meshes, triangle (concave) meshes, primitive mathematical representations? Are
they colliding with a low-poly mesh representation of the cart?

More than any of those things, I'd like to know how stable everything was at
runtime. When working in Blender, solid bodies tend to jump around a lot when
confined in any space, sometimes never stabilizing. This mainly happens when
performing mesh-mesh collisions.

BTW, those front wheels seem off. More often than not you'll see them pointed
the other way... maybe the force of all those dropped objects pushed the cart
back? :)

Sam