POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Sep 2012 14:40:01
Message: <web.5050d5f22fe15fc5cf6bcf5f0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> For the moment, I can only make the physics simulation to work with
> boxes, but that's enough for some fun... :)

Great work as always, Jaime. Those colored pencils look wonderful, but the
scene's missing a sketch somewhere :) The bricks have some nice details as well.

Thanks to you, I decided to try something I've had in mind for a while, but
never got around to until yesterday: using Blender to solve the physics, and
POV-Ray to render the objects. I won't go into the details yet (the process is a
bit convoluted), but for now it's enough to say that any object can be used; it
just takes importing or building a new one in POV. The intermediate .obj file is
fairly small (just four vertices for each object), and preserves per-axis
scaling in addition to rotation and positional data.

Attached is a test using cones of various sizes dropped into a bowl. I'll bring
out the doughnuts later.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: