POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] : Re: Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB]
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 4 Sep 2012 10:40:00
Message: <web.5046128b51ad842886ff1d480@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    Yes, the Bullet Physics Library seems to work pretty accurately, at
> least for boxes and spheres, which is the only thing I tried for the
> moment... if you search into youtube, there are some amazing examples of
> what it can do.

These look great Jaime. It's interesting to see this post because I've been
playing around with the C++ Bullet library on and off for the past couple of
months and pondering how to integrate into POV-Ray.

I know that Bullet is used by big name CG programs like SoftImage and Cinema4d,
and for many video games and movie companies too (Shrek, Megamind, Toy Story,
etc). So far I've just been using it to fill containers full of random junk, or
to topple stacks of bricks to simulate building damage. Some of the soft body
physics looks really fun, but I haven't had much time to work with it lately.

www.McGregorFineArt.com