POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: nemesis
Date: 2 Sep 2012 23:25:00
Message: <web.504422d5d9ae175d54ae4fe90@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 2012-09-02 13:36, Darren New wrote:
> > We have those. They're called Tablet PCs. They were a commercial
> > failure, but I love mine. :-)
>
> Ditto.  Only thing that'd be be better is if it were thinner, and had
> higher resolution.]]

isn't that merely a desktop PC with a touch screen layer upon the screen
display?

surely a failure, as touch is kinda pointless when the screen is a bit far from
your reach (and you need to rise your arms) and it simply isn't a tablet.

> Oh wait, MS is coming out with that in a few months.  With
> pressure-sensitive stylus input (something the iPad doesn't have).  Too
> bad I won't be able to afford one anymore, even if they are only $300 or
> whatever.

it's Surface, isn't it?

I still prefer my wacom "tablet".  It feels like paper.  Writing on glass is not
that fun.