POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which qwerty Android? : Re: Which qwerty Android? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which qwerty Android?
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Sep 2012 21:55:01
Message: <web.5042bb3326b91d5e95b3b30@news.povray.org>
> On 9/1/2012 2:27, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> > Full touch is not working for me. Swiping 10 times and dropping a call
> > because of that is very frustrating. My fingers are stubby, so I need to get
> > a qwerty slide-phone. BB buttons are too small.
> >
> > Has anyone had a recommendable qwerty Android here?
>
> Motorola Droid 3 has an excellent keyboard. Unfortunately, the rest of the
> phone sucks, at least if you get it from Verizon. It will randomly turn
> itself off, randomly turn itself back on when you want it off, and
> spontaneously reboots at least once a week for me, sometimes several times a
> day.

that used to happen with my Milestone 2 too.  Tip: don't abuse 3G.  If the back
of the unit starts getting hot, you know it's time to turn off data connections
and listening to music or reading ebooks instead of browsing the web.  It also
helps a lot with battery life:  if all you do is read and listen to music, it
can go for 2 days straight.

and BTW I don't use the slider keyboard at all.  Swype is much better.