POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another SSLT test... : Re: Yet another SSLT test... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another SSLT test...
From: MichaelJF
Date: 28 Aug 2012 15:10:01
Message: <web.503d16c4b06c83421b903a480@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> On 28/08/12 08:56, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> > Very good indeed! Now even better would be to show the wear of the
> > keys and a yellowish ivory tint on the white ones: i. e. an old
> > piano; this one looks too new and too plastic ;-)
>
>    Yeah... but I was taking as reference my Korg Wavestation EX, which is
> still almost new... :)
>
> --
> Jaime

Alain was quiet right, as ever. For a piano an organ is a bad reference due to
the plastic keys. But I think the differences between a Korg Wavestation and a
Technics SX-GN6 are smaller. But yes, the black keys shows a very smaller SSLT
than the white ones and one really should consider the efforts before modelling
it. And - as I took another road the way back home today, which leads to our
local piano dealer - the black keys on real pianos showed only a very slight
SSLT even. Fortunatelly the shop was closed and I had to look through the
display windows and not to explain a salesman why I only would like to look at
the black keys of his pianos ;-)

Best regards,
Michael