POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In memoriam: musicians and mortality : Re: In memoriam: musicians and mortality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In memoriam: musicians and mortality
From: nemesis
Date: 22 Aug 2012 20:00:01
Message: <web.503571fa80a7bac74ffd78100@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> > Anyway how many people appreciate Baroque never mind Medieval music?
> > Tastes change and I think that in 1000 years time the common music of
> > today will only be of academic interest. I might be wrong and I will
> > never know.
>
> Elvis will always be The King!

The King of Shreds and Patches

anyway, the difference between now and then is that digital storage and
distribution of culture make for virtually infinite reproduction.  1000 years
from now, you may very well just find music you like and enjoy it without even
knowing the date of composition and recording.

That is, if manking hasn't simply merged with AI by then and lost interest in
such mundane affairs.